Bideawee, a leading pet welfare organization serving the metropolitan New York and Long Island, is seeking full time and part time Licensed Veterinary Technicians to join our team in the Manhattan location. Veterinary Technicians provide high quality medical care to all in-patient and adoption center animals as directed by a senior veterinarian. Ability to work on the weekends is a must.
This list may be revised at any time and additional duties not listed here may be assigned as needed. Job Functions and Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Proficiency in proper animal restraint.
- Ability to draw blood and place catheters (jugular and femoral catheterization a plus).
- Experienced or educated in laboratory procedures such as proper blood and specimen handling, reading of fecal assays and urinalysis.
- Familiar with radiographic technique and positioning.
- Administration of intravenous drugs and anesthetic agents, including understanding of the basic mechanics of an anesthesia machine.
- Monitoring of all patients and able to identify medical emergencies.
- Proficiency in aseptic technique, including cleaning, sterilizing and packing of surgical instruments, drapes and gowns.
- Ability to assist in surgery at the discretion of the veterinary doctor.
- Maintain cleanliness in the kennel, prep room and surgery areas; stocking as needed.
- Controlled drug log recording.
- Inventory management.
- Client communication and education
- Basic understanding or the ability to learn veterinary software programs.