Bideawee, a leading pet welfare organization serving the metropolitan New York and Long Island, is seeking Groundskeepers to join our team in the Westhampton location. The ideal candidate must feel comfortable around animals, be able to assist with burials/cremation operations at pet cemetery, perform general landscaping maintenance and cleaning duties, be available to work weekend hours, and be flexible with work schedule.
This role’s primary duties are to perform custodial and maintenance activities for the Pet Memorial Park and Adoption Center grounds, street landscaping areas, grave sites, equipment, and facilities.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Loading and unloading materials, goods, equipment, between various destinations throughout Manhattan and Long Island as assigned.
- Preparing, receiving and providing appropriate documentation for the delivery and pick up of good.
- Maintain landscaping, grave sites for appearance and functionality.
- Operate and perform maintenance on power lawn mowers.
- Clean sidewalks, offices, recreation rooms, restrooms and locker rooms.
- Paint building surfaces and picnic tables, set up or remove folding tables, chairs, barricades or similar objects.
- Dig up ground for flower beds, ditches, and holes for sign posts.
- Prepare grave sites for burial, caskets, crematory operations.
- Snow removal as needed.