Bideawee, a leading pet welfare organization serving the metropolitan New York and Long Island, is seeking a part time Development Associate to join our team in Wantagh, NY. The ideal candidate must be able to work Monday through Friday and must feel comfortable around animals as there are some dogs and/or cats in the offices.
Customer Service and Development are a top priority at Bideawee so every associate must always make sure they represent Bideawee in the best possible manner. This role will respond to any/all inbound inquiries regarding all Bideawee services, donations and general information as required via telephone, fax, email and mail. Conduct outbound telephone calls as needed.
The following is a list of essential job requirements. This list may be revised at any time and additional duties not listed here may be assigned as needed. Job Functions and Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain the voicemail system (check messages and forward to the correct departments).
- Handle daily inbound telephone inquiries in an efficient and professional manner.
- Handle complaints and unsatisfied callers in a professional manner.
- Communicate with clients and donors via email and written correspondence.
- Receive and update all information with strict confidentiality in donor database.
- Ensure that all documentation is maintained, ordered and organized.
- Maintain open line of communication with internal staff based on inbound call and transfer management, email, face to face dealings and regular departmental staff meetings.
- Participate in Customer Service training to ensure optimal customer service occurs at all times.
- Assist with training new call center staff and volunteers.
- Keep track of development inventory (i.e. brochures, envelopes, labels, letterhead, etc.)
- Assist in stamping mail and sending packages.
- Process all in-house donations- create proper deposit documentation, enter gifts into the database and deposit gifts at the bank.
- Prepare all donor acknowledgments for in-house and fulfillment center gifts.
- Update donor information and remove duplicate profiles.
- Manage the brick program - communicate with donors, order bricks, prepare acknowledgements.
- Work on ways to increase donations.
Monthly Giving Programs
- Manage all monthly giving databases such as Authorize.net, Convio and PayPal.
- Manage monthly donor accounts - set up new accounts, update accounts when requested by donors, follow up with donors regarding cancellations, declines, expired accounts, etc.