Bideawee, a leading pet welfare organization serving the metropolitan New York and Long Island, is seeking a part time Shelter Veterinarian to join our team in the Manhattan location for two days a week, that may include a weekend day.
Shelter veterinarian to provide care for dogs and cats in our adoption centers including spay/neuter surgeries/dentals
The following is a list of essential job functions. This list may be revised at any time and additional duties not listed here may be assigned as needed.
- Management of medical and surgical cases for shelter animals. Some cases could be critical care cases.
- Practice of shelter medicine and disease outbreak control across 3 campuses.
- Performing spay/neuter and other surgeries including dental procedures.
- Participation in Grand Rounds.
Other possible responsibilities:
- Working with our trainers to manage behavior issues.
- Leading staff and volunteer training sessions in animal care.
- Participation in educational events held for the community or volunteers/donors.
- Some administrative work required