Bideawee, a leading pet welfare organization serving the metropolitan New York and Long Island, is seeking a part time Shelter Veterinarian to join our team in the Manhattan location for two days a week, including one weekend day.
Shelter veterinarians provide care for dogs and cats in our adoption centers including high volume spay/neuter surgeries, dentals, as well as surgical and medical care for critical and sick shelter animals and pets predominantly dogs and cats. No exotics.
The following is a list of essential job functions. This list may be revised at any time and additional duties not listed here may be assigned as needed.
- Wellness exams, preventative care, management of medical and surgical cases for shelter animals and client-owned animals.
- Performing high-volume spay/neuter and other surgeries including dental procedures.
- Working with our trainers to manage behavior issues.
- Leading staff and volunteer training sessions in animal care.
- Participation in educational events held for the community or volunteers/donors.
- Some administrative work required
- Triage, workup and treat critically ill shelter animal cases as well as pets belonging to general public.
- Experience with elective and emergency surgeries