Bideawee, a leading pet welfare organization serving the metropolitan New York and Long Island, is seeking a full time Associate Veterinarian to join our team in in our Wantagh, Westhampton, and Manhattan location.
Associate veterinarians will provide care for dogs and cats in our adoption centers including spay/neuter surgeries/dentals.
The following is a list of essential job functions. This list may be revised at any time and additional duties not listed here may be assigned as needed.
- Management of medical and surgical cases for shelter animals. Some cases could be critical care cases.
- Practice of shelter medicine and disease outbreak control across 3 campuses.
- Performing spay/neuter and other surgeries including dental procedures.
- Participation in Grand Rounds.
Other possible responsibilities:
- Working with our trainers to manage behavior issues.
- Leading staff and volunteer training sessions in animal care.
- Participation in educational events held for the community or volunteers/donors.
- Some administrative work required